Friday, June 15, 2007

My First Blood Donation

It was my first opportunity to donate blood..Our super senior VijayaRagavan's friend's mother was going to have an open heart surgery.They required some replacement blood (O+ve). Vijay called me the previous afternoon and asked me if I could donate blood.First instinct told me that I should do it.After some time I was getting nervous because of the fact that - the very sight or talk of blood makes me have nausea..


Anyways, with heavy heartbeats and butterflies in my stomach I went to
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospital,Bangalore. One more good thing was that Prashanth had also came there for the first time to donote blood and Vignesh for the second time. Two more friends of Vijay also had come.


We were all waiting and they took us for blood checkup.Prashanth and I were called first.I prayed to GOD before I entered.I was hoping not to faint. It all started by checking my weight. Guess what ??? I weighed only 53kgs. The nurse took my blood for testing.I was hoping that they should say I'm not fit enough to be a donor (:P)….But still I should not land up receiving blood when I have gone to donate !!


I was lying on the bed and was thinking of what will happen next. A lady doctor came and saw my face and asked "R u scared?". I gave a big nod meaning to say no. But she obviously could understand from the fear in my eyes!Finally... she softly injected the needle..Wow ,after 5 min, 350ml (1 unit) got filled ..Great Man…!I realised what I had just done.. I felt so happy that my blood was going to be used to save someone's life. Now I dont have any fear to donate blood.


Donate Blood,Save life..

6 comments:

KaRtHi said...

great going jk..keep it up..

Unknown said...

Good da. Be bold. I HAVE the same problem u HAD

Vijesh said...

Comments Censored...

Tom Praison said...

Every one falls the first time before they walk..

sagopal said...

hey , where are the other lines , if you put it back the way it was ...

I will copy paste the original lines as comment....

sagopal said...

Mark it as "If you dont" and not 'If you '...Here it goes again

if you *dont* put it back the way it was ...

I will copy paste the original lines as comment....